100% Landfill Biodegradable, Green, 30µm, 20 bags per roll.
Suitable for large bins. The larger the size, the stronger the bag, so you know it will handle your load. Better still, you know every bag:
- Is Landfill-biodegradable, which means they will be digested by natural occurring micro organisms in a landfill, 95% faster than non biodegradable bags.
- Is 100% recyclable with other mainstream plastics. As with all our landfill-biodegradable products, they can be recycled with other soft plastics.
- Will begin biodegrading only at time of disposal, not during use
- Will biodegrade without oxygen
- Has a typical plastic shelf life, years
- Will biodegrade in commercial and municipal composts
- Will not fragment into small pieces, potentially harmful to wildlife
- Is from an Australian owned company
The average household disposes of approximately one full garbage bag per person per week. We should all strive to reduce this.
With the increasing usage of disposable plastic items in our busy societies, there has arisen a large problem of how to dispose of these items. Plastic waste is accumulating year after year at a rate of about 300 million tonnes per year. Only about 10% is recycled. This is resulting in a vast accumulation of plastic waste. Why do we think it is ok to use a plastic item for just a few minutes then throw it away where it can last for 100’s of years? Almost all of it goes to landfill so that is why it makes the most sense to use a method that allows the plastic to biodegrade away there.
These biodegradable plastics will biodegrade down to organic material when disposed to a microbe-rich environment such as a landfill or commercial compost facility. Our plastics are called ‘landfill biodegradable’. They can also be main-stream recycled. It is actually encouraged. Either way, you are not leaving that plastic to last 100’s of years for future generations to deal with.
Currently, approximately 90% of plastic waste goes to a landfill. This then is where the product should be designed to biodegrade.
No one plastic type can solve all our disposable issues. Avoidance and reusing are the best actions, but this is the next best thing!