100% Natural Jute Shopping Bag - Black
Made from 100% natural Jute. The Jute fibre is 100% biodegradable, recyclable, compostable and BPA free.
To eliminate single-use plastics this is a classy and sustainable alternative. Features include:
• wide gusset sides
• made of durable 100% natural jute fibre
• comfortable double handles made of cotton webbing rope
• contrast colour handles and trim
• laminated backing
• tough & eco-friendly renewable resource
• super strong bag, perfect for throwing around
• uses: beach bag, picnicking, grocery shopping & gift hamper
• jute is made from a natural vegetable fibre
• jute is 100% biodegradable
• jute absorbs CO2 from the air several times more than trees
• capacity: 28 litres
Dimensions: 40cm x 35cm x 20cm
The supplier of these bags is a government-owned Indian Jute mill, as such it is compliant with fair and legal working conditions and energy saving measures as listed by government regulation.
The carbon footprint of Jute is considered low. Jute is a fast growing field crop with high carbon dioxide (CO2) assimilation rate. Jute plants clean the air by consuming large quantities of CO2, which is the main cause of the greenhouse effect. One hectare of jute plants can consume about 15 tonnes of CO2 from the atmosphere and release about 11 tonnes of oxygen in the 100 days of the jute-growing season.
Recyclable and minimal use packaging is also used for these products.